Thursday, June 7, 2007

Live Art Exhibit Speaks!!

It is all happening in Greensboro. There are lots of people walking around is flat shoes and comfortable clothes browsing things that are probably older than they are. If not things that remind them of when they are younger. Many of them are there only to purchase money, as any other exchange will leave them feeling obliged to repay some thing or other. This lack of balance causes serious emotional stress in many of this kind.

I am currently sitting at my desk. The record player is currently playing the entirety of the songs as apposed to unfulfilling titillating snippets, which leave you grumpy, like being woken up violent while in a nice calming dream.

The highlight so far (excluding coffee purchase and getting clean) was a man who rubbed out the word 'fuck' on Chris’s small black board, which was on his desk. He saw that I had seen he had done it, but there was no trace of gilt on his face.

There is a special spiel that is given to temporary visitors to Elsewhere, a sort of initiation ceremony / temporary visa process, as apposed to a full immigration visa which I had to fill out last night. My first attempt at completing the form was denied - rejected - turned down. So I was issued with a different form and asked kindly to re apply. I managed to successfully complete my application this time, but unfortunately was unable to hand in my visa application without giggling. Luckierly for me even though I was in the airport my application was accepted. I go buttons and I now also have a Porche 'awesome 911' which I am going to keep my buttons in from time to time. As soon as I became an official person at Elsewhere and not an alien (though I still feel like an alien), I commenced my proactive terrorism. The project is titled 'irradiation of logical reason and 'normalising' labelling'. My main target is Justin as he is actively labelling and conventionalising this space. I decided to focus on the tools of his trade, the chalks. I masking taped them to the security closet.

- Viewer break -

A white man aged about 45 just walked passed me on the corridor stopped and looked at the floor. He has now walked back towards the door. I think George maybe giving him a welcoming performance/ rite of passage.

-Viewer break-


"Work of genesis this place"
Woman walks passed with 'awe' look on face mouth open sunglasses off. Where do the eyes settle?

-Elsewhere thoughts again-

This masking taping had to aims; firstly to clearly advertise what I had done - this was an area where the entire audience would return to at some point during the evening/early hours. This also made the weapons of normalisation temporary inactive 'out of service'. My attack was two pronged, I decided to rub out all the correct labelling that I could find without being caught in the act and un-normalise them, return them to illogical randomness which is the elsewhere.

This terrorist act was so successful that Justin was automatically labelled as the culprit. My disguise as a passive entity obvious has worked extremely well. I will have to talk at length on another occasion about being an 'alien'.

-Viewer break –

Two more normal outsiders just entered the area near my desk. They looked very uncomfortable. I think that they wish I wasn’t there. They would be happier to regress to their childhood on their own. I wonder if they had entered separately they would feel more at ease. Perhaps it is the fact that they feel that they should keep up the illusion of normalness for the sake of the other?

No comments: